Monday, July 30, 2007

Heron

We are growing a pond. Some excavator involvement plus lots of Mother Nature with seep water, perhaps springs, and gravity. (How does one tell if water coming out of a sandy hillside is seep water or spring water?)

There were frogs' eggs there before we were finished shaping the pond. Yesterday RNB reported on a green frog who came intentionally close to him and croaked away. RNB moved him away from where he was digging and the frog came back to him. We figure the frog wanted RNB to know without a doubt how grateful he was for this new environment we created.

RNB also reported seeing footprints of a heron. This morning I saw the heron. Without camera I have only my memory for pictures of this lovely bird. Perhaps another time I will capture her/his image to share here.

I can imagine RNB's deep excitement about drawing pond-loving life forms here where they can thrive and we can enjoy their proximity. I do love the chorus that emanates from a pond!

No comments: