Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday Sofia update

She definitely likes being outside all the time so I'm grateful for the stiff frozen snow. If we had normal April weather right now, I'm not sure what I would do with her as there is major mud in the paddocks this time of year. But minimal right now with this late winter revival.

Sofia's temperature remains at 101 and she is putting more weight on her injured foot. She still cocks it forward to rest and to walk, but puts more weight at rest and when walking. I've gotten her meds into her via food, she still thinks the oral syringe is NOT a good thing, and I'm giving her 100 ml twice a day of Devils Claw for pain relief and anti-inflammatory. I'll back that off some in another day. Healing or pain relief or both? Is that why she's moving more?

No comments: